Post A Job:
Please use the Job Posting form below to submit your job information.
This is a FREE service for HBRA Members.
The fee for Non-members is $50.
FREE Resume Posting (Open to the public)
E-mail your resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Subject line: JOB BANK.
Do not include your resume as body copy in an e-mail. Include a short paragraph summary of your skills or what type of job you are seeking.
The HBRA of Fairfield County is not an employment agency nor will the HBRA recommend or refer any person seeking employment. It is up to the Member to contact an applicant directly and make employment decisions.
Please contact the HBRA office at 203-335-7008 or email us for more information,
These opportunities are offered by the HBRA members listed in the specific advertisement. Please do not contact the HBRA regarding these listings.
Dryer Vent Wizard
Dryer Vent Wizard
Contact Person: Jim Selden
Address: 2490 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield CT 06825, US
Full Time: 1
Job Title: Home Service Technician
Start Date: Immediate
Dryer Vent Wizard is a home service business focused exclusively on inspecting, repairing and installing and cleaning dryer vent systems. We work to bring these often neglected system up to building codes, preventing home fires and improving dryer efficiency for homeowners. DVW is a national franchise with about 100 locations, and is owned by Neighborly, the largest home services franchisor in the country
In Fairfield County, homes tend to be older and large, with new dryers added over the years far away from exterior walls. This causes long runs that clog, and are prone to damage from time or neglect, sometimes venting into walls, attics or crawl spaces.
As a result, much work in Fairfield County is focused on repairs and installs, which are more difficult, but also result in larger job sizes. Cleanings are still important, but technicians need to understand how homes are built, how to assess a situation, recommend the needed work, and perform it one the spot with the tools and materials provided in your company van.
Use your company provided van to service appointments provided to you on a company provided iPad. Visit customers’ homes, discuss the issues they are having, and take time to thoroughly inspect their system. Provide customer with recommended services and pricing including cleanings, repairs, new and replacement installs and re-routes. Disucss with customer to gain their approval, then do the work. Clean up thoroughly, review work with customer, take final payment, and move on to the next job.
You have worked in the home remodeling/construction field for long enough that you are not intimidated by drilling a hole in the side of a house or roof, or (cleanly) opening a wall to see what’s going on back there (while avoiding electrical or plumbing). You can envision and know how homes are constructed and are comfortable with a full range of power tools. You are comfortable working in tight crawl spaces, in hot attics and on roofs.
Importantly, you enjoy meeting and speaking with people, providing a great customer experience, and using your platform to educate on value and importance of properly functioning dryer vent systems
You like to work independently, are confident in your abilities, and appreciate the flexibility of doing the work assigned to you, and not being held to strict work hours.
You are prompt, courteous and reliable.
Please reach out and we can discuss in more detail. But the bottom line is we provide a base minimum income of $800/week (based on working 5 days), with the opportunity to earn much more. Tech’s are paid 22%-24% of all the work they perform (minus the base…which is rarely needed when you have a full schedule). We shoot for 3 jobs a day. A motivated and efficient tech can earn more than $80K annually.
If you have a safe place to park it, we may agree to let you take the company van home at night so you can just get up and go. We provide free training as needed. Your company branded van is filled with the tools and supplies you need. We provide paid major holidays and will work with you if you need time off. Also, while we are open M-F, we can be flexible on schedule. If you want to do a job Saturday mornings, we can open the calendar for you then, but its not required. When you’re done with the last job for a day, you can head home (aside from minor additional tasks such as resupplying the van as needed from our storage, getting gas, wash and organizing the van, and speaking with home office about jobs or issues).
For a focused and efficient tech that wants to make money, is independent and driven, this can be a great fit. But it is often hot, dirty and tiring work. Working smart and with efficiency is key. You need to be comfortable using tall extension ladders, working on roofs, in crawl spaces and hot attics in the Summer.
I posted on this site because someone out there with home remodeling/construction related skills might be looking for something DIFFERENT, while still making a good income. There is a LOT of work in this area.
If any of this resonates with you, please give me a call or shoot me your resume in email.
Dryer Vent Wizard
Emilia Ferri Architecture + Design
Contact Person: Emilia Ferri
Address: P.O. Box 4535, Greenwich CT, US
Job Title: Architectural Associate
Start Date: Immediate
Emilia Ferri Architecture + Design is an award-winning full-service licensed Architecture practice based in Greenwich, CT working on a range of design typologies including residential, commercial, hospitality and retail. We are currently looking to hire a passionate architectural associate who enjoys working on all phases of projects with 3-5 years of professional experience. Our ideal candidate should be fluent with various software systems like AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
To learn more about Emilia Ferri Architecture + Design visit: emiliaferridesign.com
Position: Full-time Architectural Associate
- – Prepare, modify & revise architectural construction documents during all phases
- – Field (on-site) existing conditions documentation or meetings. Candidate must provide own transportation for travel to and from job sites.
- – Translate/Redraw field measurements into two-dimensional AutoCAD drawings.
- – Ability to prepare 2D and 3D presentation boards for client/project team review.
- – Organize and maintain existing files, material library, and general office clerical work.
- – Conduct online research for products, inspiration images, materials etc.
- – Pick up/drop off prints to/from local printer.
- – Analyze & research local municipalities zoning and building department regulations.Required Qualifications:
- – Professional Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- – 3-5 years of professional work experience with employer references
- – Advanced experience in AutoCAD
- – Advanced experience in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator
- – Proficient in Sketch-up or 3D other software
- – Advanced experience in MS Office: Word, Excel and Bluebeam
- – Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- – Ability to work on multiple projects in different phases and effectively meet deadlines
- – Adaptable to changing project schedules and deliverables
- – A strong work ethic and a resourceful self-starter
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- – Eligible to work in the U.S. and immediate start date
Compensation is aligned with industry/geo standards and experience level- this will be discussed with candidate
- – This role is currently remote/work from home with the intention to transition to full time
in-person or possible hybrid option in the future based on pandemic status
- – Full time position: 32 – 40 hours/week
- – Flex-time available
- – Equipment provided during employment (i.e., laptop, monitor, measuring tools)
- – NCARB AXP credits provided for candidates actively pursuing licensure
Please note: health benefits not provided
Emilia Ferri Architecture + Design is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Please email cover letter, resume, and work samples in one PDF (max. file size 10mb) to: email@example.com
Compensation is aligned with industry/geo standards and experience level- this will be discussed with the candidate
DeRosa Builders LLC.
Health Insurance, 401k
Supervise and coordinate the on-site construction activities between tradesman and sub-contractors and ensure that construction projects are completed on time and per plans. You will be asked to organize and control project schedules; complete quality inspections; supervise sub-contractors; and communicate with the Project manager, Architects and clients.
Should be motivated to work, with at least 5 years of supervisor experience.
They shall also be responsible for becoming proficient in all phases of construction management, including the use of computer applications as required to perform their role. This role will also be responsible for working harmoniously with all onsite staff, internal departments, as well as Senior Management and Ownership.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide the daily management of Subcontractors on site.
- Adherence to safety regulations, quality control procedures and all other policies and the industries best practices.
- Provide the management and direction on a daily basis, of all of the onsite construction activities.
- Ensure that all onsite team members adhere to all DeRosa Builders, policies and procedures.
- As directed by the PM, coordinate and direct all Contractors in accordance with the Master Schedule.
- Provide regular updates as required, so that scheduling updates and “look a-heads” can be communicated to the Project Mgmt. team.
- Be responsible for all reporting responsibilities as required, such daily reports, manpower counts, change orders, equipment logs, etc.
- Develop a clear understanding of the plans and specifications.
- Oversee the implementation of Quality Control inspections to make sure the Contractor’s work is being performed in accordance with the Industry and DeRosa standards, the requirements of the Project Plans and Specifications.
- Under the direction of the PM, provide coordination of deliveries, coordination of required inspections, site safety, site security public safety and all other related work.
- Provide feedback to PM so they can provide proper communication of Vendor/Contractor performance including problems, issues and resolutions, as well as information about satisfactory performance(s).
- Assist Project Mgmt. team with the resolution of problems/unforeseen conditions when encountered.
- Responsible for always maintaining a professional approach to conducting business as a representative of Griffon Associates.
- Develop a clear overall understanding of the plans and specifications as well as each Trade Contractor’s scope of work.
- Assist Project Mgt. team with the development and continued cultivation of relationships with all Inspection and Municipal agencies and help report important information as required.
- Communicate effectively with all trades, vendors, and team members for the enforcement of all established policies and procedures, including but not limited to; quality control, reporting, management of onsite safety, etc..
- Maintain a professional and organized work environment/job site at all times.
- Maintain logs of work in process to manage job site charges and schedule. Develop and train subcontractors to operate at high efficiency and hold them accountable.
- You will conduct pre-construction and weekly meetings with the Project manager, architects and owners if applicable, resolve any issues that arise, and communicate progress weekly to the team.
- Follow change order procedures and implement changes after all approvals.
- Maintain safe, clean, and secure job sites, and implement all jobsite rules.
- Strong attention to detail and quality focused
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously if necessary.
Education and Experience
Must have a High School Diploma and 5+ years of construction and/or related industry work experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, schematics, surveys and other complex documents (engineering and land planning layouts, topography maps and blueprints). Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints. Ability to effectively communicate pertinent information to all levels of management/ownership and field operations, both in writing and verbally.
Must have experience with or the ability to learn the following computer applications:
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license are required.
COMPENSATION: We offer medical benefits, paid vacation, performance based bonus, competitive Salary.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience:5+ years