Post A Job:
Please use the Job Posting form below to submit your job information.
This is a FREE service for HBRA Members.
The fee for Non-members is $50.
Please contact the HBRA office at 203-335-7008 or email us for more information,
FREE Resume Posting (Open to the public)
E-mail your resume in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Subject line: JOB BANK.
Do not include your resume as body copy in an e-mail. Include a short paragraph summary of your skills or what type of job you are seeking.
The HBRA of Fairfield County is not an employment agency nor will the HBRA recommend or refer any person seeking employment. It is up to the Member to contact an applicant directly and make employment decisions.
These opportunities are offered by the HBRA members listed in the specific advertisement. Please do not contact the HBRA regarding these listings.
COMPANY: TORRCO DESIGN CENTER
Job Title: SALES CONSULTANT
Sales Consultants provide expert product selection assistance, expediting orders from vendors and conducting customer visits as needed. You will utilize your unique creative capabilities in combination with excellent customer service skills in order to assist clients with product selection.
The primary goals are to maximize sales volume while meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Being proficient in solution-based selling and high-ticket product sales is a plus. Specific skills required include cold calling, networking, and deal closing. Clients may include homeowners, designers/specifiers, contractors and plumbers.
- • Develop an in-depth knowledge of product lines and stay current on changes/improvements of those.
- • Present and sell company products to new and existing customers.
- • Conduct self in a professional environment, cold calling and pursuing new clientele.
- • Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline given.
- • Deal with and follow through on customer inquiries and complaints.
- • Set follow-up appointments to keep current and new customers aware of latest developments.
- • Create sales material to present to customers.
- • Use computer software to initiate quotes, write up and fulfill orders in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
- • Work with vendors to follow up on orders and stay up to date with product information.
As a Torrco employee you will be expected to organize your activities to accomplish the objectives of the company. You are required to adhere to the policies and practices of the company. You must keep your immediate manager informed on all matters of importance to the company such as problems, dissatisfied customers, pricing & price matrix errors, sales opportunities, etc. You are expected to be cooperative with other team members and actively help peers.
- • Previous experience in sales, customer service, or related field.
- • Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- • Proficient with computers and software systems.
- • Strong sales aptitude, ability to build rapport with clients.
- • Strong negotiation skills.
- • Deadline and detail-oriented.
- • Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required.
Education and Experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree, sales related field preferred.
- • At least 4 years of sales experience, kitchen and bath fixtures industry experienced preferred.
- • At least 5 years of exceptional customer service.
- • Sitting or standing for extended periods of times.
- • Manual, dexterity, regularly required to use hands to type, scan, reach, place and file.
- • Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Classification: Hourly, non-exempt
Fairfield – 63 Harborview Ave, Fairfield, CT
New Haven- 105 Hamilton Street, New Haven, CT 06511
Waterbury- 100 N Elm Street, Waterbury, CT 06702
Apply at www. jointorrco.com
Full time, start as soon as possible, hourly plus commission based